Weekly Reading‘s are a series of blog posts highlighting the best pieces of content I’ve read or listened to during the week. Give me feedback if you enjoy it. And suggestions if you don’t. Just to make it better for other guys.
New word of this week: Luddite / Neo-Luddism
Great content this week
- Taking the wrong lesson from Uber. What really to learn from its success?
- The art of starting a business with global appeal. Never think of yourself as a small business. Or you’ll always stay small!
- How We Built a Tech Startup Without Tech. One doesn’t need to know how to code to build a startup. One needs to know how to sell!
- The Art of the Hustle: Unconventional Methods for Building a Startup. Be creative when building your company!
- Who Should Be CEO? A Checklist. Five short bullets to help you make the right choice.
- Seeking Captain America & Not Captain Crap: Hiring Your First Product Manager. Simple as that.
- Startups Selling To Other Startups: A House Of Cards? Is your startup a vitamin or a painkiller? Only one of them will survive in a long term.
- Competition Isn’t A Bad Word. Having competitors’s good. Identify them. Study them. Keep track of them.
- Pitch, Please. 14 Must-Read Pitch Lessons Every Startup Founder Should Know. Keep it simple stupid. Don’t focus on the product. Focus on the opportunity!
- What Most People Don’t Understand About How Startup Companies are Valued. How it really works. It’s not as simple as it seems.
- 7 Startup Ideas That Are Almost Always Terrible. Please go through this list. And stop thinking of those ideas. They are bad.
- Corp Dev Language Translator. Words used by corp dev (e.g. people in charge of making M&A deals) and what they actually mean.
- How should we organise our life? Work. Learning. Happiness. Startups. Reading. Motivation.