Weekly Reading‘s are a series of blog posts highlighting the best pieces of content I’ve read or listened to during the week. Give me feedback if you enjoy it. And suggestions if you don’t. Just to make it better for other guys.
- How to Think Like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. That must’ve been my favourite piece I listened to this week. When you’re going 10% bigger, you have lots of competition. Everyone’s going there. So go 10x bigger!
- Startup stash. All the tools you need to build a startup.
Startup stash for building great things
- Reflections From My First Year As A Founder. A first time founder is sharing his thoughts on startups. Information that’s valuable for everyone.
- Where to start when starting-up? A Curated list of startup resources. Use those to get started on the right foot.
- Don’t create a sense of urgency, foster a sense of purpose. It’s a deep understanding of the reasons behind your efforts. A desire to pour in time and energy. A need to impact the world.
- How to build an enduring, multi-billion dollar business. Hint: create a 10x product. You must create an offering that’s so compelling, it stands by itself in the consumer’s mind. It has to be better. And cheaper.
- Find One Person Who Gives A Shit. The Rest Is Easy. You don’t need a bunch of fans. Just one that really loves what you’re doing. Get an advocate, who’ll promote you. And that’s all you need to do.
- Early Pitch Decks of Billion Dollar Unicorn Startups. Learn from the best. You should.
- 3 Common Startup Mistakes and How to Avoid Them. Turning your startup into a success as a feat that is very difficult to achieve. The success rate isn’t high. But not doing those things helps.
- 6 Ways to Kill Your Startup. Follow this advice, and you have a great shot at failing. There are things you simply shouldn’t be doing!
- Time to Be Greedy? You want to be greedy when others are fearful. You want to be fearful when others are greedy. It’s that simple. And people are fearful now that the market’s about to collapse.
- 5 “Scary” Marketing Techniques That Are Worth the Risk. People know what works. They’re simply afraid to use it. Here’s five tactics every startup should use before paying for Ads. Really easy. Just go and do it!
- How to Create a Compelling Call to Action. No CTA = you’re leaving lots of money on the table. It doesn’t have to be “salesy”. It has to pass on personal experience. Provide directions. Stand out. Be short and simple.
- Why Entrepreneurship Education Does Not Work. Having taught it myself in university, there’s no way not to agree with the author.
- Read These Books Instead of Getting an MBA. MBA costs a lot. And most of us really don’t need it. We need the knowledge. Not the paper. Here’s where you’ll get all the information.
- Why is Google not buying Twitter?
- Sex & Startups. Startups, like the male anatomy, are designed for liquidity events. But a startup has about as much chance of making it as a single sperm has of fertilizing an egg.
- Building A Startup Doesn’t Make You Special. Nobody owes you shit. It’s simply one way of building a business. Pure and simple. It’s not magical. It’s not glamourous. You’ll probably fail.
- The U.S. has Gone F&*%ing Mad. Government wants backdoors into our phones. It’s absurd. But thankfully Apple said no. They sticked to their values. And that’s right thing to do!